Thursday, December 18, 2014

Breaking Unhealthy Family Habits

Breaking the Habits



Our health consciousness comes from our families, we tend to eat what our parents eat. Until we are adults and perceive things differently we are creatures of tradition. Traditional foods are our comfort foods. Lets be clear it's normal to break tradition. Our family habits should not become ours, well the bad ones. We must learn to make healthy choices before we fall victim to bad habits. This post is about making those choices. I grew up seeing my father smoking and drinking, never thought I would have became a smoker but, I did. I remember the first time I lit a cigarette, I was in high school. One thing that was on my mind at the inception of smoking my first cigarette was that my dad smokes too, that allowed me to release any fear or doubts I had about smoking. What I have learned is that I must only practice positiveness when with my kids. Practice makes perfect, so we must keep our children from seeing us doing negative activities. So think about it the next time you are about to engage in some unhealthy behaviors.

                                        


The moral of the story is lets break the chains that keep us bound by tradition, when it comes to your health. You must know what's beneficial to your body and make the right choices. Breaking traditions are not easy but, sometimes it's what we got to do to grow stronger and remain healthy. Be the change your inspiration your family expect you to be. My goal is to be a better me by being mindful of my actions when interacting with other family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment