Friday, December 19, 2014

Daily Eating - The Food Pyramid

The Food Pyramid

We all remember this diagram from grammar school. We were told to follow it by eating  balance servings of each food group on a daily basis. I don't think we accomplish doing this as kids, well our parents didn't. I had more sugar than protien in my diet growing up. Many may not know but the pyramid was design by the USDA or the United States Department of Agriculture. I can firmly say that most inner city kids didn't eat a balanced diet growing ethier. So today I want to ask the question to the you adults, do you adhere to pyramid? I am sure most would answer no. I personally don't adhere to the food pyramid and its not by choice, my life got busier. For starters, I don't eat breakfast on a regular because, of worry of being late to work. Maybe that explains why I am tired all of the time I am not getting all my nutrients. I do think the pyramid is the right guide for us to follow to maintain our healthy daily intake of food. However, it seems to be an idea of the pass with the amount of junk foods they have available in our schools for these kids. We need to enforce the idea of the pyramid again to the youths so they can be more conscious of what they eat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment