Thursday, December 18, 2014

Why Go Vegan...

I was a vegan for ten years but, recently I had a relapse. Over the summer I decided that I was gonna eat meat for a little while again, primary chicken. Vegan is a growing trend here in American. There are many reason why someone choose to become vegan. Religion, love for animals and to live a healthier lifestyle. With that said let me just say that if you're going to become a vegan, you should plan it properly. When I became a vegan it was for religious reason and I stop eating all flesh immediately. For me it was not an easy transition because, I didn't understand how to plan a balance diet. I was also not familiar with the meat substitutes that's important for us to gain protein. For the three years into my vegan diet, I was a very unhealthy eater and that caused many problems within my body. I decided to visit a doctor who after running a series of testes on me suggested that I should should came to him first before I started my new diet. The point is yes I think vegan is the healthier choice but, if not done properly will cause more damage than good to your body. Still thinking about going vegan here are some videos that might help you speed up the process...


Texture is very important for us, people then to like how foods feel and taste as it is consumed. To enjoy a vegan diet I think you must be able to cook your own meals. For example, Tofu is an acquire taste and many may not enjoy it. Flavoring is very important when it comes to preparing vegan meals. I have learned to that my success as a vegan came from me learning to cook my own meals.

Here is another reason for you to be a vegan. Meat farm are brutal to animals and this practice must stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment